THE JUNCTION OF GOOD TIMES - Review
THE JUNCTION, HAUZ KHAS
When you're travelling from Dilli Haat at INA towards Hauz Khas Village, the road can look very distracting. Why? Because of the sights and sounds of The Junction. A beautifully lit sign that reads the name of the establishment along with a few others in the vicinity. The entrance to The Junction is a sight in itself, with an archway covered in flowers and a garden that opens up to the exteriors of the eateries. Graffiti laid walls and a tree with lanterns. The perfect place to get a date if you can.
THE AMBIENCE
The mood inside The Junction is a very rustic place, with minimal interior decoration. The concrete walls and pillars are left the way they are. No plastering on the walls gives he place a rugged look, perfect for the name of the place. However, if you are someone who wishes to see a good amount of beauty, the exteriors are well lit up and offer a freshness that the interiors may not, given the smoke of Hookah. But if you are with good company, the place more than makes up for it with the projector screen with sports and music!
THE FOOD
The Junction offers a wide variety of cuisine, ranging from Indian to Oriental and Continental. And everything is right up their alley along with the presentation.
DRINKS
- Watermelon Mojito: Any place I enter has their own version of the classic Virgin Mojito, and I ordered the Watermelon variant given the season. The drink itself was beautiful with a wedge of watermelon served on the glass. Fruity and Fresh sums the drink right up.
- Virgin Sangria: A concoction that I hadn't tried before, this drink flavoured with apples hit the spot just right.
- Vanilla Milkshake: A pretty basic idea executed really well!
FOOD
- Assorted Mini Bruschetta Platter: A serving of 3 mini bruschettas with roasted vegetables, mushrooms and cherry tomatoes.
- Chicken Kothey: A Tibetan dish of pan-fried dumplings. I am a big dumpling fan, given that I am a Delhite, but Kothey here were on another level.
- Peri Peri Prawns: I was sceptical about prawns ever since I had them at a wedding and they made me throw up a little, but here at The Junction, I was convinced that prawns aren't half as bad as I thought! Crispy exteriors in spicy Peri Peri sauce served ever so beautifully.
- Mushroom Croquettes: When you expect mozzarella sticks and realise that it was actually Mushroom, you know the dish is a hit. The crispy exteriors and the soft and gooey interiors of the croquette could easily fool any fried food fanatic.
- Roasted Pork Bao: As soon as the Bao was presented, I was ecstatic to see MASSIVE MOMOS! And expected a similar taste, but when you cut the steamed tingmo open. the smell of the roasted pork fills the air and warms you right up. Flavoursome and light. Perfect!
Now, after a massive deal of dealing with appetisers, we were full. But there is always room for pizza! And what better than a Quatro Formaggi Pizza?! The base was crisp and the toppings soft. A good end to the meal.
THE VERDICT
Exiting The Junction can take a while if you are with female companions who wish to document everything in their life. When night falls, the place turns beautiful! Lanterns, fairy lights and flowers. A perfect end.

















Sounds too good to be real! Need to visit this now!!!
ReplyDeleteSeems beautiful!!! Tempting as well...
ReplyDeleteAwesome description, lived the moment live thru it. Seems worth visiting
ReplyDelete