AN AFFAIR WITH AWADH - Review - Awadhi Affair



Awadhi Affair Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

AWADHI AFFAIR, GREATER KAILASH 1

The first month of 2018 gives you the perfect opportunity to check things off of your bucket list. Awadhi Affair in GK had been on my list ever since my sister started sending photos of their food on "Humara Parivar". (Don't judge. Every family has a WhatsApp group.)

And I did get a chance to order last night and boy were the portions amazing. For a family of four, any 4 dishes plus breads would be perfect. You might want to take into consideration that there will be food left over for the next day as well.

Coming to the packing of the food itself, it was, honestly, one of the best I have ever seen. Everything came nicely tucked into a cardboard parcel which seemed spillproof. And further, the individual items were in microwavable, spill proof containers as well. They really hate spills I guess. But damn, it took us some effort to finally get to our food. STOP MAKING ME WAIT AWADHI AFFAIR. But was the wait worth it? YES.

THE MEAL

The food was hot when it arrived (EVEN AFTER MY STRUGGLES WITH THE TAPE ON THE PANEER). There wasn't anything missing! The cutlery and the famous chutney-pyaaz combo were in small containers as well. To kick off our meal we went with Bharwan Soya Chaap which was a version of the Malai Chaap but stuffed with what seemed like some sort of masala. Not too spicy, there wasn't enough contrast in the actual marination and the filling itself. The chaap had gone a little too soggy too. But this is probably the only setback of the entire meal! 

Bharwan Soya Chaap

Next, the Doodhiya Murgh Tikka, or better known at other places as the Murgh Malai Tikka, not only had  the perfect amount of cream, but also spice. The chicken was cooked to perfection and the pieces were massive. Leaving me, my brother and father fighting for the last piece.

Doodhiya Murgh TIkka

Finally, the main course included what seemed to be Pulao but were mentioned on the menu as Veg Biryani. But I'm not complaining because my mother, the only vegetarian present, absolutely loved it. Loaded with veggies and served alongside a raita, which was pretty good in its own right. The curries included a Paneer Aap Ki Pasand: Kadhai, because they had other options of Do Pyaaza, Lababdaar and Palak. The gravy was smooth and my mother loved it too! My favourite dish of the day had to be the Awadhi Affair Handi Chicken. It was massive pieces of chicken, cooked in a mutton-like gravy but with chicken keema. The amount of chicken in the dish was heavenly. There is still enough left over for the weekend! I could have just the gravy and would be satisfied with my chicken intake.

Veg Biryani

THE VERDICT

Boy was I impressed by this outlet. I'm glad I got this off of my checklist and there is no question about me ordering from this place again. It was magic. True to their tagline, it was indeed Food For Nawabs!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BOWLING, ARCADE, VIRTUAL REALITY AND GREAT FOOD AT SPORTS DINER IN SAKET

EVENINGS ARE NOW LIT! - Review - LIT BAR AND RISTORANTE

THE MINISTRY OF MAGIC - Ministry of Beer: Review