STEP THROUGH THE BIG YELLOW DOOR



It's been more than an year since I've been a student in the University of Delhi and it's also been more than an year since I read about Big Yellow Door (GTB-Nagar) on Zomato. Almost every foodie I know has been to this place. My family, my friends, my neighbors, my long lost phuphi jaan from Ajmer have been to BYD.It was about time I gave this place a visit.




Given the hype of the place, a 10 minute wait period was justified (Even though it is exam season). But the place is very vibrant, even on the outside. With it's fun multicolored benches outside and it's um well Big Yellow Door to welcome it's guests. The decor is too random, but the shady lighting and music gives it a lounge-esque feel (with tables and chairs though).

View my food journey on Zomato!








However, the service of the place could be improved. Anybody and everybody who's in the staff can wipe tables, take orders, handle the cash register and be the Maitre D'. My waiter was nice, however the one serving the table next to us was super rude. He got them a pizza and no plates. When asked for plates, he replied in a very sarcastic tone, "Ookkaayy" and then he returned with plates and went, "Pllaaatteessss". Depressing. :P
Finally, the food. Damn, BYD is cheesy as sh!t. I thought Dunkin Donuts' Naughty Lucy burger was cheesy, but the BYD Cheese Bomb is truly the bomb. A massive double patty cheeseburger served with wafers is worthy of it's name. We also ordered the Creamy Pasta which was tasty and had a quantity to feed 3 or even 4 people. But what I thought was truly the overload of cheese were the Baked Nachos. Damn. I don't know what got to me. Was it the fact that it was the same cheese all over again, or was it just too much food for 2 people.

Trust me when I say, BYD lives up to it's hype. The 2 of us had ordered food for 4 people. There was cheese coming out of my sweat pores. But we carried on because the pasta was that damn good.

When in BYD, order as many dishes as there are people. Else you would have will literally bite off more than you can chew.













Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BOWLING, ARCADE, VIRTUAL REALITY AND GREAT FOOD AT SPORTS DINER IN SAKET

EVENINGS ARE NOW LIT! - Review - LIT BAR AND RISTORANTE

THE MINISTRY OF MAGIC - Ministry of Beer: Review